Monday, January 16, 2006

Blessed..

We always keep complaining about life...
We think that life hasn't treated us well enough!!!
We always keep saying that "Why ME???"
But we should not be so selfcentered and should spare a thought for other people as well...
The following is a poem which i found as a forwarded mail...
It just proves that we are indeed blessed........


You are Blessed


If you woke up this morning
with more health than illness,
you are more blessed than the
million who won't survive the week.

If you have never experienced
the danger of battle,
the loneliness of imprisonment,
the agony of torture or
the pangs of starvation,
you are ahead of 20 million people
around the world

If you attend a church meeting
without fear of harassment,
arrest, torture, or death,
you are more blessed than almost
three billion people in the world.

If you have food in your refrigerator,
clothes on your back, a roof over
your head and a place to sleep,
you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank,
in your wallet, and spare change
in a dish someplace, you are among
the top 8% of the world's wealthy

If your parents are still married and alive,
you are very rare,
especially in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile
on your face and are truly thankful,
you are blessed because the majority can,
but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them
or even touch them on the shoulder,
you are blessed because you can
offer God's healing touch.

If you can read this message,
you are more blessed than over
two billion people in the world
that cannot read anything at all.

You are so blessed in ways
you may never even know…


I guess i need not to say anything...
If you have understood the poem you have understood
Meaning of life and what it actually means by being blessed!!!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what you have to say Amrit. I do not say that I always consider myself to be blessed because there are few moments when I complain about life. But then over the past few years I have improved and have changed the way I see life.

I know I am blessed. I remember saying something similar in my post "Life is beautiful - just close your eyes"
exact wordings ...

"I decided to close my eyes to all that was not good, to all that caused pain, to all the matters that were out of my reach. I put on colored spectacles and looked at life with completely different point of view. I am breathing, when there are people who are dying – that is life. I have a family when there are people who have lost their family – that is life. I have various tensions in my life, which when looked upon on personal front are too much for a woman of 28 to handle but thinking on the platform of life on the whole … it is nothing as compared to all the misery that surrounds me."


Ur friend
Arti

2:28 pm  
Blogger ramu said...

wow last week i just thought of writing a blog which reveals same but dropped the idea cause i had a intuition that i'll be the only 1 blessed to read it

5:28 pm  
Blogger Tarni said...

Lovely write!!
One is blessed with pain so that he can feel the feeling of being happy later on....
One is blessed with tears so the smile can make a difference....
One is blessed with hardships so the success gives him the pleasure...
One is blessed in everyway... whether its pain or joy!!
So each day should bring the pleasure of being alive!!!

Love!

Regards
Tarni

6:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thx for sharing it with us. it will make a difference in everyones life if he reads it

7:18 pm  
Blogger Manish said...

its true that we shud always look to the brighter side of the life... but then desires always remain there...

9:23 pm  
Blogger Emotions said...

hi Amrit,

thanx 4 sharing such an awesome creation wid us..

each expression of dis poem is authentic, convincing, powerful, practicable n really authoritative!!!!!!!!

all d bst!!!

keep writing n keep smiling:))

10:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful words to live by Amrit--every moment of the day gives another chance for a new beginning--let us use each moment by remembering these words and by living in the assurance that The Omniscient One has everything under control.

11:28 am  
Blogger Akruti said...

Dont count your life by what you lost,but count what your blessings.Sure we need to smile for what we have:)
You are now linked to my fav blogs,keep writing,i will be back soon.

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a beautifull post. I am happy i am blessed...

2:59 pm  
Blogger Arti Honrao said...

Amritji ...
Tussi "tagged" ho gaye ho jee


Arti

4:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! guess u'd visited my blog coupla days earlier. thx! shall come bak to read more of ur blog :-)

1:40 am  
Blogger Arti Honrao said...

KUCH NAYA LIKHO


GBU
Arti

2:11 am  
Blogger Manish said...

buddy u have been tagged visit my blog for details...

1:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice poem and message "Count your blessings not your sorrows". Sometimes it can also be "Sweet are the fruits of adversity" as this poem shows:-

I asked God for strength that I may achieve
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I may do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I may do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty .that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for god.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for but everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all men, most richly blessesd

4:52 am  
Blogger Emotions said...

hey ,looooong time wher r u ??????????????????
no new post....is everything o.k.....i hope u haven't quit writing n posting !!!!!!!

waiting 4 ur reply !!!!
all d bst !!

11:40 am  
Blogger ..... said...

ya i m alive emotions :d new post soon

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home